AP Police shifts fasting Left leaders to hospitals
Hyderabad: Police today forcibly shifted the Left leaders, who have been sitting on indefinite fast for last four days, to hospitals here.
The police shifted some fasting leaders of the CPI, the CPI(M) and other Left parties to hospitals from Indira Park, after their health conditions began deteriorating.
Andhra Pradesh CPI state secretary K Narayana, his CPI(M) counterpart B V Raghavulu and other Left leaders began the indefinite fast demanding that the move to hike power tariff be rolled back immediately, besides stopping the collection of fuel surcharge adjustment.
The Left parties have also been holding protests in other parts of the state in support of the demands.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP), Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS), YSR Congress, Lok Satta and others had extended their solidarity to the fast launched by the Left.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway