AP Police shifts fasting Left leaders to hospitals
Hyderabad: Police today forcibly shifted the Left leaders, who have been sitting on indefinite fast for last four days, to hospitals here.
The police shifted some fasting leaders of the CPI, the CPI(M) and other Left parties to hospitals from Indira Park, after their health conditions began deteriorating.
Andhra Pradesh CPI state secretary K Narayana, his CPI(M) counterpart B V Raghavulu and other Left leaders began the indefinite fast demanding that the move to hike power tariff be rolled back immediately, besides stopping the collection of fuel surcharge adjustment.
The Left parties have also been holding protests in other parts of the state in support of the demands.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP), Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS), YSR Congress, Lok Satta and others had extended their solidarity to the fast launched by the Left.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief