AP Police shifts fasting Left leaders to hospitals
Hyderabad: Police today forcibly shifted the Left leaders, who have been sitting on indefinite fast for last four days, to hospitals here.
The police shifted some fasting leaders of the CPI, the CPI(M) and other Left parties to hospitals from Indira Park, after their health conditions began deteriorating.
Andhra Pradesh CPI state secretary K Narayana, his CPI(M) counterpart B V Raghavulu and other Left leaders began the indefinite fast demanding that the move to hike power tariff be rolled back immediately, besides stopping the collection of fuel surcharge adjustment.
The Left parties have also been holding protests in other parts of the state in support of the demands.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP), Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS), YSR Congress, Lok Satta and others had extended their solidarity to the fast launched by the Left.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 11-year-old blood cancer patient seeks help from PM Narendra Modi, CM Akhilesh Yadav
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 up for grabs in first flash sale today
- With Facebook's new Slideshow feature, convert your photos into mini-movies!- Watch
- Ringing Bells starts delivery of Freedom 251 smartphone from today
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani's latest video is CUTE! Watch here