AP Police shifts fasting Left leaders to hospitals
Hyderabad: Police today forcibly shifted the Left leaders, who have been sitting on indefinite fast for last four days, to hospitals here.
The police shifted some fasting leaders of the CPI, the CPI(M) and other Left parties to hospitals from Indira Park, after their health conditions began deteriorating.
Andhra Pradesh CPI state secretary K Narayana, his CPI(M) counterpart B V Raghavulu and other Left leaders began the indefinite fast demanding that the move to hike power tariff be rolled back immediately, besides stopping the collection of fuel surcharge adjustment.
The Left parties have also been holding protests in other parts of the state in support of the demands.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP), Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS), YSR Congress, Lok Satta and others had extended their solidarity to the fast launched by the Left.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!