AP police tightens security for APPSC examinations
Hyderabad: Elaborate security arrangements
have been made to ensure peaceful conduct of the examination for Group-I services to be conducted by Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) at 445 centres across the state on
September 5, a top official said Friday.
In view of the Osmania University Students Joint Action
Committee (OUJAC) threatening to `shutdown` Telangana on
September 5 demanding for postponement of the exams, state DGP
K Aravinda Rao has directed the Commissioners of Police and
District SPs to make necessary security and bandobast
arrangements, the official said.
To avert any untoward incidents following the `shutdown`
threat, police officials were directed to promulgate and
impose prohibitory orders under Section 144 CrPc and Section
30 of Police Act in the vicinity of the exam centers, Rao
They were asked to provide 3-levels of security at each
examination centre for proper checking, frisking and screening
of candidates, he said.
The DGP has directed for deployment of videographers and
video cameras to record the events at the exam centres, to
carry out mobile-patrolling and posting of supervisory
officers to oversee the security and bandobast arrangements.
"In case of disruption of exams by agitators,
re-examination will be held only in such centres," Rao said.
The OUJAC and Telangana JAC have been seeking
postponement of the exams demanding that 42 per cent of the
vacancies should be reserved for Telangana region candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi