AP police tightens security for APPSC examinations
Hyderabad: Elaborate security arrangements
have been made to ensure peaceful conduct of the examination for Group-I services to be conducted by Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) at 445 centres across the state on
September 5, a top official said Friday.
In view of the Osmania University Students Joint Action
Committee (OUJAC) threatening to `shutdown` Telangana on
September 5 demanding for postponement of the exams, state DGP
K Aravinda Rao has directed the Commissioners of Police and
District SPs to make necessary security and bandobast
arrangements, the official said.
To avert any untoward incidents following the `shutdown`
threat, police officials were directed to promulgate and
impose prohibitory orders under Section 144 CrPc and Section
30 of Police Act in the vicinity of the exam centers, Rao
They were asked to provide 3-levels of security at each
examination centre for proper checking, frisking and screening
of candidates, he said.
The DGP has directed for deployment of videographers and
video cameras to record the events at the exam centres, to
carry out mobile-patrolling and posting of supervisory
officers to oversee the security and bandobast arrangements.
"In case of disruption of exams by agitators,
re-examination will be held only in such centres," Rao said.
The OUJAC and Telangana JAC have been seeking
postponement of the exams demanding that 42 per cent of the
vacancies should be reserved for Telangana region candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray