AP police to question Bhatkal on Hyderabad blasts
Hyderabad: Police teams from Andhra Pradesh will soon be sent to Bihar to question arrested Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and his aide Asadulla Akhtar in connection with the February 21 twin bomb blasts case here, a top police official said on Thursday.
"The profile obtained through CCTV footage in the Dilsuknagar blasts here matches with Bhatkal and Asadulla. Police teams from AP will soon be sent to examine them regarding the blasts," Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma told reporters.
If their (Bhatkal and Asadulla`s) role is confirmed during interrogation, definitely they will be brought to the city on Prisoner on Transit (PT) for further investigation, he said.
Seventeen people were killed and 100 injured when two bomb explosions took place on February 21 this year at Dilsuknagar, a crowded shopping area in the city.
After an initial probe by AP police, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) had taken over the case.
Bhatkal and Asadulla, suspected of carrying out several blasts across the country, were arrested by security agencies on the Indo-Nepal border.
30-year-old Yasin is wanted in a string of terror attacks in Ahmedabad, Surat, Bangalore, Pune, Delhi and Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday