`AP police to thwart Maoists` attempts to cross into state`
Hyderabad: Maoist related incidents reported
during 2009 were lowest in the last one decade in Andhra
Pradesh and the state police is capable of thwarting any
attempt by Naxalites to cross into the state border, Director
General of Police (DGP) R R Girish Kumar On Wednesday said.
Giving details of Maoist related incidents, Kumar told
reporters there were only 13 incidents of exchanges of fire
with police this year compared with 28 incidents in 2008.
Fifteen police personnel were killed while fighting
Maoists this year as against 34 last year, the DGP said adding
15 civilians lost their lives compared with 45 the previous
While 326 extremists were arrested in the state, 91
ultras surrendered to police this year, Kumar said.
The state police including the elite Grey-Hounds has
received laurels for anti-Naxalite operations, the top officer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read