AP power utilities gear up to tackle cyclone `Phailin`
Hyderabad: Power utilities in Andhra Pradesh under the Eastern Power Distribution Company Ltd have geared up to meet any emergency arising out of cyclone `Phailin` hitting the coastal districts of Srikakulam, West Godavari, East Godavari, Vizianagaram and Visakhapatnam.
M Sahoo, Special Chief Secretary in the energy department of Andhra Pradesh government, today reviewed the preparedness for dealing with the cyclone along with other officials, a release said.
All engineers, employees and other staff are making full efforts to deal with the situation while opting against taking any leaves or holiday, the release added.
Munindra, in-charge CMDof APTRANSCO, has told Sahoo that AP Eastern Power Distribution Company Ltd (APEPDCL) has identified suitable engineers well-experienced in restoration work and deployed them to areas under risk of being hit by the cyclone.
The general public has been cautioned against going near electrical installations to avoid accidents. People have also been requested to inform their nearest field officials in case of any electrical mishaps, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy