AP: Prohibitory orders continue in Tandur town
Hyderabad: Elaborate security arrangements have been made for peaceful celebration of Ganesh Chaturthi, after prohibitory orders continued for the second day in a row in Tandur town of the neighbouring Ranga Reddy district Wednesday, police said.
Prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code which were clamped yesterday after members of two communities clashed and indulged in arson over alleged vandalisation of a Ganesh idol in the town, will continue until further orders, a senior police officer monitoring the law and order situation said.
"No untoward incidents were reported today. The situation is peaceful and under control. We are taking all precautions with deployment of additional forces near the Ganesh pandals. Night vigil in particular, has been enhanced to keep a watch on troublemakers," the police officer told a news agency.
In view of Ganesh Chaturthi, vigil was relaxed to enable devotees to conduct pujas at temples and install Ganesh idols at pandals. However, shops and business establishments were asked to close by 6 pm due to a possibility of riots, he said.
Already eight people have been arrested in connection with the violence and moves to nab more of those responsible for the incident was on, the police officer said.
Members of two communities pelted stones against each other, even as miscreants torched a bike and a roadside shop during yesterday`s violence, with one police officer suffering injuries during stone pelting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie