AP Reorganisation Bill: Ministers shout slogans against CM in assembly
Zee Meida Bureau
Hyderabad: The divide in the Andhra Pradesh assembly over formation of a separate Telangana state was out in the open once again, Monday, when ministers hailing from the region raised slogans against Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy.
Cutting across party lines, legislators from Telangana, including four ministers and the Chief Whip, trooped into the Well when the House reassembled after the first adjournment and raised "CM down down" slogans.
The legislators from the region are upset with the CM for issuing a notice to the Speaker to move a motion in the House for returning the AP Reorganisation Bill-2013 to the Centre.
However, the protest seems to have timed perfectly as Chief Minister Reddy and Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu were not present in the House at the time.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar cautioned the ministers saying
it was not proper for them to rush into the Well.
Trouble began as soon as the House sat for the day`s proceedings at 9 AM today with legislators from Telangana rushing into the Well and demanding that the Speaker reject the notice issued by the Chief Minister under Rule 77 for moving a resolution to return the AP Reorganisation Bill to the Centre.
Proceedings of the House had to be adjourned for half an
hour this morning as legislators from Telangana stormed the Speaker`s podium demanding that the notice served by the Chief Minister be rejected.
Simultaneously, members from Seemaandhra demanded that the resolution be taken up and voting conducted to reject the Bill. Both sides raised slogans, creating din in the House and forcing the Speaker to adjourn the proceedings for 30 minutes.
The ministers from Telangana joined the protest when the
House reassembled, forcing an adjournment for an hour the second time.
The Chief Minister had on Saturday questioned the very validity of the Bill saying it was violative not only of Parliamentary procedures but also the Constitution of India.
Terming it incomprehensive, he had said such a Bill could
not be discussed in the Assembly.
He had subsequently issued a notice to the Speaker to move a resolution for returning the Bill to the Centre.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India