AP rural local body polls: TDP ahead in Seemandhra
Hyderabad: The TDP bagged majority of the Zilla Parishads, followed by YSR Congress, in Seemandhra, while TRS was ahead of Congress in Telangana region in the elections to rural local bodies in Andhra Pradesh.
The counting that began yesterday morning continued till late last night and spilled over today as ballot papers were used in the April 6 elections to Zilla Parishad Territorial Constituencies (ZPTCs) and Mandal Parishad Territorial Constituencies (MPTCs).
As per the information coming in from different districts, Congress, which ruled Andhra Pradesh for 41 of the 57 years of existence of the state, was relegated to the margins in Seemandhra due to the bifurcation issue.
In Telangana, TRS was slightly ahead of Congress and TDP, once a major force to reckon with in the region, was trailing the TRS and Congress.
According to Andhra Pradesh State Election Commission sources, over 2,000 counting centres have been set up for manual counting of votes for 16,589 MPTCs and 1,096 ZPTCs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand