AP rural local body polls: TDP ahead in Seemandhra
Hyderabad: The TDP bagged majority of the Zilla Parishads, followed by YSR Congress, in Seemandhra, while TRS was ahead of Congress in Telangana region in the elections to rural local bodies in Andhra Pradesh.
The counting that began yesterday morning continued till late last night and spilled over today as ballot papers were used in the April 6 elections to Zilla Parishad Territorial Constituencies (ZPTCs) and Mandal Parishad Territorial Constituencies (MPTCs).
As per the information coming in from different districts, Congress, which ruled Andhra Pradesh for 41 of the 57 years of existence of the state, was relegated to the margins in Seemandhra due to the bifurcation issue.
In Telangana, TRS was slightly ahead of Congress and TDP, once a major force to reckon with in the region, was trailing the TRS and Congress.
According to Andhra Pradesh State Election Commission sources, over 2,000 counting centres have been set up for manual counting of votes for 16,589 MPTCs and 1,096 ZPTCs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?