AP session adjourned amid protests against state division
Hyderabad: The winter session of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly resumed on a stormy note today as legislators from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions disrupted proceedings raising "Samaikya Andhra" slogans.
Members belonging to Telugu Desam and YSR Congress parties surrounded the Speaker`s podium holding placards and raising slogans demanding that the Centre drop the move to bifurcate the state.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar rejected the adjournment motions moved by TDP and YSRC on the state division issue and sought to take up Question Hour.
Major Industries Minister J Geeta Reddy read out replies to the first listed question, but the Seemaandhra MLAs continued with their protest.
Amidst the din, the Speaker adjourned the proceedings for half-an-hour within five minutes after the session began at 9 AM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?