AP: Seven killed in two road accidents
Hyderabad: Seven persons, including four members of a marriage party along with the bride, were killed Thursday and six others injured in separate road accidents in Khammam and Nalgonda districts of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Three women, including bride E Latha (20), Kumari (30), Durgamma (50) along with Shiva (4) were killed on the spot after a lorry driven by the bride`s father Rama Rao, which was following them during the marriage procession ran over them after brake-failure on Ramannagudem outskirts in Khammam, they said.
Four others from the marriage party were injured in the mishap which occurred at around 2 AM today while the marriage was scheduled this morning. The victims belong to T Narasapur mandal of West Godavari district, Asaraopet Police Station Inspector Sampath Kumar said.
Post-mortem of four victims have been conducted and the lorry-driver has been taken into custody, the Inspector said.
In another incident, three persons including a six-year-old boy was killed and three others grievously injured when the four-wheeler they were travelling was hit by a lorry from opposite direction at 5.45 AM in Thurakapalli mandal of Nalgonda district, police said.
The injured were rushed to Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India