AP: Seven killed in two road accidents
Hyderabad: Seven persons, including four members of a marriage party along with the bride, were killed Thursday and six others injured in separate road accidents in Khammam and Nalgonda districts of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Three women, including bride E Latha (20), Kumari (30), Durgamma (50) along with Shiva (4) were killed on the spot after a lorry driven by the bride`s father Rama Rao, which was following them during the marriage procession ran over them after brake-failure on Ramannagudem outskirts in Khammam, they said.
Four others from the marriage party were injured in the mishap which occurred at around 2 AM today while the marriage was scheduled this morning. The victims belong to T Narasapur mandal of West Godavari district, Asaraopet Police Station Inspector Sampath Kumar said.
Post-mortem of four victims have been conducted and the lorry-driver has been taken into custody, the Inspector said.
In another incident, three persons including a six-year-old boy was killed and three others grievously injured when the four-wheeler they were travelling was hit by a lorry from opposite direction at 5.45 AM in Thurakapalli mandal of Nalgonda district, police said.
The injured were rushed to Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS