AP: Seven killed in two road accidents
Hyderabad: Seven persons, including four members of a marriage party along with the bride, were killed Thursday and six others injured in separate road accidents in Khammam and Nalgonda districts of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Three women, including bride E Latha (20), Kumari (30), Durgamma (50) along with Shiva (4) were killed on the spot after a lorry driven by the bride`s father Rama Rao, which was following them during the marriage procession ran over them after brake-failure on Ramannagudem outskirts in Khammam, they said.
Four others from the marriage party were injured in the mishap which occurred at around 2 AM today while the marriage was scheduled this morning. The victims belong to T Narasapur mandal of West Godavari district, Asaraopet Police Station Inspector Sampath Kumar said.
Post-mortem of four victims have been conducted and the lorry-driver has been taken into custody, the Inspector said.
In another incident, three persons including a six-year-old boy was killed and three others grievously injured when the four-wheeler they were travelling was hit by a lorry from opposite direction at 5.45 AM in Thurakapalli mandal of Nalgonda district, police said.
The injured were rushed to Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department