AP: Seven killed in two road accidents
Hyderabad: Seven persons, including four members of a marriage party along with the bride, were killed Thursday and six others injured in separate road accidents in Khammam and Nalgonda districts of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Three women, including bride E Latha (20), Kumari (30), Durgamma (50) along with Shiva (4) were killed on the spot after a lorry driven by the bride`s father Rama Rao, which was following them during the marriage procession ran over them after brake-failure on Ramannagudem outskirts in Khammam, they said.
Four others from the marriage party were injured in the mishap which occurred at around 2 AM today while the marriage was scheduled this morning. The victims belong to T Narasapur mandal of West Godavari district, Asaraopet Police Station Inspector Sampath Kumar said.
Post-mortem of four victims have been conducted and the lorry-driver has been taken into custody, the Inspector said.
In another incident, three persons including a six-year-old boy was killed and three others grievously injured when the four-wheeler they were travelling was hit by a lorry from opposite direction at 5.45 AM in Thurakapalli mandal of Nalgonda district, police said.
The injured were rushed to Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest