AP: SIs recruitment racket unearthed; 5 held
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police on Thursday unearthed a recruitment racket involving sub-inspectors (SIs), and arrested five probationary SIs, who allegedly indulged in malpractices to get selected.
The state CID which was probing a case relating to impersonation during examinations for selection of police constables in 2008 also found that a fraud took place in selection of SIs (Civil) in 2008 and 2010, a senior police officer said.
During investigation, it was revealed that the probationary SIs (three from Hyderabad and two from Khammam district) indulged in serious malpractices and adopted unfair means in the written examination relating to SIs (Civil) recruitment in 2008 to get selected, CID Additional Director General of Police SV Ramana Murthy said.
The arrested probationary SIs were identified as Sriram Linga Rao, posted at Jubilee Hills Police Station here, Sriram Chinna Gopal Krishna, posted at Manghalhat Police Station, V Venkateshwarlu, Mondamarket Police Station, V Nageswar Rao, VR Puram Police Station in Khammam district and D Srinivas Rao, posted as probationary SI at Dummagudem Police Station also in Khammam district.
"The five probationary SIs got their photographs on the hall tickets morphed and also engaged fake candidates to write examinations," Ramana Murthy said.
"The hand writings of the original candidates and that of the impersonators were compared in the Forensic Science Laboratory here and it is confirmed that the five accused are responsible for the offence of cheating," he said.
One Sada Karunakar, who was recently electrocuted, was revealed to be the brain behind the conspiracy, police said.
Efforts are being continued to arrest the other absconding accused who are involved in the scam including those who wrote examinations on behalf of the five probationary SIs, they said.
"We have information that more people are involved in this racket. We will take the five SIs on police remand and after their interrogation we would have details on the kingpin behind this scam," Murthy said.
The five probationary SIs were booked under relevant sections of IPC and Section 3 of Public Examinations (Prevention of Malpractices and Unfair Means) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!