AP: Six children feared drowned in Krishna river
Vijayawada: Six children were feared to have drowned in Krishna river near Pedapulipaka village here on Friday when the crust gates of Prakasam barrage were opened to allow excess water from the river to flow out.
They had gone to the river for swimming, police said.
According to police, a group of about ten children from Kanuru Dalitwada had gone to swim in the river Krishna here.
However, just when the children entered the waters, the crust gates of Prakasam barrage on the river Krishna at Vijayawada were opened to allow excess water from the river.
Due to the sudden gush of water, children swimming in the river were flown away. Four out of ten children could come out, who informed those present there about the incident.
Police from Penamaluru police station, along with revenue officials reached the spot and professional divers were roped in for a search operation, which is still on, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!