AP Speaker disqualifies 15 Cong, TDP rebel MLAs
Hyderabad: Fifteen rebel MLAs belonging to Andhra Pradesh`s ruling Congress and main opposition Telugu Desam Party were today disqualified for voting in favour of a no-confidence motion moved by TRS against the Kiran Kumar Reddy government in March this year.
These MLAs had defied party diktats. Nine belonged to Congress and six to TDP and they had joined YSR Congress of Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
The legislators were disqualified by state Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar under Rule 2 (1) (b) of the Tenth Schedule for voting on the against the party whip on the no-trust motion on March 15.
The Congress MLAs disqualified are Sujaya Krishna Ranga Rao, Dwarampudi Chandrasekhar Reddy, Alla Srinivas (Nani), M Rajesh, Perni Venkata Ramaiah (Nani), Jogi Ramesh, B Siva Prasad Reddy, Gottipati Ravi Kumar and Peddireddi Ramachandra Reddy.
The rebel TDP legislators are T Sairaj, Taneti Vanitha, Kodali Srivenkateswara Rao (Nani), Praveen Kumar Reddy, Amarnath Reddy and Y Balanagi Reddy.
The Speaker did not take any decision on the disqualification of three other TDP rebels -- Chinnam Ramakotaiah, K Harishwar Reddy and S Venugopalachari -- as hearing against them was said to be continuing.
A fresh petition filed by TDP against its MLA G Kamalakar, who switched over to Telangana Rashtra Samiti recently, is also pending before the Speaker.
This is the second instance during the current assembly when a group of MLAs was disqualified en mass. On March 2, 2012, Manohar had disqualified 16 rebel MLAs belonging to Congress for voting against the Reddy government on a TDP-sponsored no-confidence motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Sanjay Bangar, Abhay Sharma named as support staff to Indian cricket coach Anil Kumble
- Russia, regime strikes kill 47 in east Syria: Monitor
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief Elangovan quits
- Irish unity vote for later, not now: Foreign minister
- Want to send your own experiments into space? This tiny satellite will help you!- Watch