AP: Student drowns off Vizag coast, another missing
Visakhapatnam: A trip to the Rushikonda beach here ended in tragedy for a group of final year LLB students of NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, as one of them drowned while another went missing Friday evening.
Another student, a girl, was rescued by local fishermen.
Victims had ventured in to the sea for a swim, but were caught in a strong current.
Anil Kumar (22) was declared dead upon admission at the hospital, while Tej Kumar (22) was still missing.
Anil Kumar was native of Kalyandurg, while Tej Kumar was from Rayadurg, both in Anantapur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster