AP students protest against Delhi gang rape
Rajahmundry (AP): About 300 students of a college organised a rally at Narsapur today to protest against the recent gang rape of a paramedic in New Delhi.
The rally organised by students of Y N College went through Gandhi Centre and the main road to end at Ambedkar Centre near the bus station.
At Ambedkar centre, the students formed a human chain and raised slogans like "We want justice," "We need protection," and "It is our duty to promote welfare and respect women".
YN College`s women`s cell coordinator S M Maheshwari led the rally and raised slogans against the gang rape, demanding punishment to the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony