AP students protest against Delhi gang rape
Rajahmundry (AP): About 300 students of a college organised a rally at Narsapur today to protest against the recent gang rape of a paramedic in New Delhi.
The rally organised by students of Y N College went through Gandhi Centre and the main road to end at Ambedkar Centre near the bus station.
At Ambedkar centre, the students formed a human chain and raised slogans like "We want justice," "We need protection," and "It is our duty to promote welfare and respect women".
YN College`s women`s cell coordinator S M Maheshwari led the rally and raised slogans against the gang rape, demanding punishment to the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform