AP students protest against Delhi gang rape
Rajahmundry (AP): About 300 students of a college organised a rally at Narsapur today to protest against the recent gang rape of a paramedic in New Delhi.
The rally organised by students of Y N College went through Gandhi Centre and the main road to end at Ambedkar Centre near the bus station.
At Ambedkar centre, the students formed a human chain and raised slogans like "We want justice," "We need protection," and "It is our duty to promote welfare and respect women".
YN College`s women`s cell coordinator S M Maheshwari led the rally and raised slogans against the gang rape, demanding punishment to the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured