AP students protest against Delhi gang rape
Rajahmundry (AP): About 300 students of a college organised a rally at Narsapur today to protest against the recent gang rape of a paramedic in New Delhi.
The rally organised by students of Y N College went through Gandhi Centre and the main road to end at Ambedkar Centre near the bus station.
At Ambedkar centre, the students formed a human chain and raised slogans like "We want justice," "We need protection," and "It is our duty to promote welfare and respect women".
YN College`s women`s cell coordinator S M Maheshwari led the rally and raised slogans against the gang rape, demanding punishment to the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar