AP temples’ property details to be computerised
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Government has decided to computerise the details of properties of temples all over the state as a good governance initiative.
"A uniform software is being developed by the Centre for Good Governance (CGG) for the purpose. The software will be utilised across the state, in which details such as land, jewellery, `panchaloha` (five metals) idols and other assets owned by temples with names of donors, their value, will be available," Endowments Minister C Ramachandraiah told reporters here.
He said instructions have been issued to the officials concerned to conduct a thorough physical verification of assets and the senior officers have to certify and sign on the registers.
Temples with income of over Rs 1 crore will be computerised first and the drive is likely to be completed in six months, the Minister said.
An electronic surveillance system will be installed in all major temples to ensure security and safety, he said.
PSU major Electronics Corporation of India Ltd (ECIL) has been requested to prepare maps for the major temples on the basis of which security requirements will be assessed during festivals when large number of devotees visit.
The antecedents of individuals, who want to be on the governing body of temples, will be verified thoroughly to ensure that undeserving persons are not part of temple administration, Ramachandraiah said.
The system of accounting and budget will be upgraded by next financial year for evolving a fool-proof system, he said, adding other issues related to temple staff, both religious and administrative, will be resolved amicably.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31