AP temples’ property details to be computerised
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Government has decided to computerise the details of properties of temples all over the state as a good governance initiative.
"A uniform software is being developed by the Centre for Good Governance (CGG) for the purpose. The software will be utilised across the state, in which details such as land, jewellery, `panchaloha` (five metals) idols and other assets owned by temples with names of donors, their value, will be available," Endowments Minister C Ramachandraiah told reporters here.
He said instructions have been issued to the officials concerned to conduct a thorough physical verification of assets and the senior officers have to certify and sign on the registers.
Temples with income of over Rs 1 crore will be computerised first and the drive is likely to be completed in six months, the Minister said.
An electronic surveillance system will be installed in all major temples to ensure security and safety, he said.
PSU major Electronics Corporation of India Ltd (ECIL) has been requested to prepare maps for the major temples on the basis of which security requirements will be assessed during festivals when large number of devotees visit.
The antecedents of individuals, who want to be on the governing body of temples, will be verified thoroughly to ensure that undeserving persons are not part of temple administration, Ramachandraiah said.
The system of accounting and budget will be upgraded by next financial year for evolving a fool-proof system, he said, adding other issues related to temple staff, both religious and administrative, will be resolved amicably.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed