AP: TRS seeks nod for Telangana march
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao Wednesday said Andhra Pradesh government should give permission to the proposed `Telangana March` of September 30 here.
Fearing violence, the police have so far not given permission to the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) to organise the march at Tank Bund on the banks of Hussain Sagar lake here.
Condemning the alleged arrests of TRS activists and other Telangana supporters in the run-up to the march, the TRS president said the government should give the permission for a peaceful conduct of the event.
Meanwhile, Congress leaders from Telangana region have expressed different views on the march. While some said they supported it, others said the event should not lead to violence as immersion of Ganesh idols would take place on September 29 and 30. It would be followed by international biodiversity convention from October 1.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know