AP: TRS seeks nod for Telangana march
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao Wednesday said Andhra Pradesh government should give permission to the proposed `Telangana March` of September 30 here.
Fearing violence, the police have so far not given permission to the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) to organise the march at Tank Bund on the banks of Hussain Sagar lake here.
Condemning the alleged arrests of TRS activists and other Telangana supporters in the run-up to the march, the TRS president said the government should give the permission for a peaceful conduct of the event.
Meanwhile, Congress leaders from Telangana region have expressed different views on the march. While some said they supported it, others said the event should not lead to violence as immersion of Ganesh idols would take place on September 29 and 30. It would be followed by international biodiversity convention from October 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened