AP: Two Maoists among seven held
Hyderabad: Two Maoists among seven people were arrested here Moday for allegedly firing on a police official in Andhra Pradesh`s Khammam district, police said.
The Maoists are identified as M Chukka and Makkammudda, they said.
The duo was part of a 150-member Naxal group from Chhattisgarh which fired on a police official belonging to Mothugudem in May.
The sub-inspector had escaped unhurt.
Meanwhile, a joint team of police and CRPF personnel arrested five persons, who used to act as couriers for Naxals, during a vehicle checking near Dummugudem area while they were moving on bikes, a senior police officer said.
Fifty gelatin sticks, Rs 40,000 cash, some medicines, snake anti-venom and five cell phones were recovered from their possession, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai