AP: Two Maoists among seven held
Hyderabad: Two Maoists among seven people were arrested here Moday for allegedly firing on a police official in Andhra Pradesh`s Khammam district, police said.
The Maoists are identified as M Chukka and Makkammudda, they said.
The duo was part of a 150-member Naxal group from Chhattisgarh which fired on a police official belonging to Mothugudem in May.
The sub-inspector had escaped unhurt.
Meanwhile, a joint team of police and CRPF personnel arrested five persons, who used to act as couriers for Naxals, during a vehicle checking near Dummugudem area while they were moving on bikes, a senior police officer said.
Fifty gelatin sticks, Rs 40,000 cash, some medicines, snake anti-venom and five cell phones were recovered from their possession, he said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!