AP: Two Maoists among seven held
Hyderabad: Two Maoists among seven people were arrested here Moday for allegedly firing on a police official in Andhra Pradesh`s Khammam district, police said.
The Maoists are identified as M Chukka and Makkammudda, they said.
The duo was part of a 150-member Naxal group from Chhattisgarh which fired on a police official belonging to Mothugudem in May.
The sub-inspector had escaped unhurt.
Meanwhile, a joint team of police and CRPF personnel arrested five persons, who used to act as couriers for Naxals, during a vehicle checking near Dummugudem area while they were moving on bikes, a senior police officer said.
Fifty gelatin sticks, Rs 40,000 cash, some medicines, snake anti-venom and five cell phones were recovered from their possession, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports