AP: Two minor girls drown in water tank
Sanga Reddy (AP): Two minor girls drowned in a water tank at Sangapur village in Medak district here on Friday, police said.
The victims have been identified as one Neha Begam (12) a class VII student and her cousin Sultana Begam (14).
The incident took place when Neha had gone with her father Mohammed Shaheed, a flower vendor, to their farm in Sangapur village. Her cousing Sultana accompanied her.
While Mohammed was busy with his work, both the girls went to play near a water tank. But while trying to wash her hands, Neha fell inside. In an attempt to save her, Sultana also lost control and fell in, police said.
Their dead bodies were recovered and handed over to the families, Gajwel police station officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray