AP Wakf Board CEO caught accepting Rs 1 lakh bribe
Hyderabad: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB)
officials today caught the Chief Executive Officer of Andhra
Pradesh Wakf Board red-handed for allegedly taking a bribe of
Rs 1 lakh.
Farooq Ahmed was caught red-handed at his residence in
Nallakunta here while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1 lakh
from a complainant for appointing him as a security person, a
ACB release said.
The bribe amount was recovered and during the follow
up searches at Ahmed`s residence an unaccounted amount of Rs
85,000 has been seized, the release said.
The accused will be produced before the Principal
Special Judge for ACB cases after he is arrested, the release
said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued