AP Wakf Board CEO caught accepting Rs 1 lakh bribe
Hyderabad: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB)
officials today caught the Chief Executive Officer of Andhra
Pradesh Wakf Board red-handed for allegedly taking a bribe of
Rs 1 lakh.
Farooq Ahmed was caught red-handed at his residence in
Nallakunta here while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1 lakh
from a complainant for appointing him as a security person, a
ACB release said.
The bribe amount was recovered and during the follow
up searches at Ahmed`s residence an unaccounted amount of Rs
85,000 has been seized, the release said.
The accused will be produced before the Principal
Special Judge for ACB cases after he is arrested, the release
said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon