AP Wakf Board CEO caught accepting Rs 1 lakh bribe
Hyderabad: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB)
officials today caught the Chief Executive Officer of Andhra
Pradesh Wakf Board red-handed for allegedly taking a bribe of
Rs 1 lakh.
Farooq Ahmed was caught red-handed at his residence in
Nallakunta here while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1 lakh
from a complainant for appointing him as a security person, a
ACB release said.
The bribe amount was recovered and during the follow
up searches at Ahmed`s residence an unaccounted amount of Rs
85,000 has been seized, the release said.
The accused will be produced before the Principal
Special Judge for ACB cases after he is arrested, the release
said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating