AP Wakf Board CEO caught accepting Rs 1 lakh bribe
Hyderabad: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB)
officials today caught the Chief Executive Officer of Andhra
Pradesh Wakf Board red-handed for allegedly taking a bribe of
Rs 1 lakh.
Farooq Ahmed was caught red-handed at his residence in
Nallakunta here while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1 lakh
from a complainant for appointing him as a security person, a
ACB release said.
The bribe amount was recovered and during the follow
up searches at Ahmed`s residence an unaccounted amount of Rs
85,000 has been seized, the release said.
The accused will be produced before the Principal
Special Judge for ACB cases after he is arrested, the release
said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam