AP Wakf Board CEO caught accepting Rs 1 lakh bribe
Hyderabad: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB)
officials today caught the Chief Executive Officer of Andhra
Pradesh Wakf Board red-handed for allegedly taking a bribe of
Rs 1 lakh.
Farooq Ahmed was caught red-handed at his residence in
Nallakunta here while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1 lakh
from a complainant for appointing him as a security person, a
ACB release said.
The bribe amount was recovered and during the follow
up searches at Ahmed`s residence an unaccounted amount of Rs
85,000 has been seized, the release said.
The accused will be produced before the Principal
Special Judge for ACB cases after he is arrested, the release
said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace