AP Wakf Board CEO caught accepting Rs 1 lakh bribe
Hyderabad: Anti Corruption Bureau officials
here today caught the Chief Executive Officer of Andhra
Pradesh Wakf Board red-handed for allegedly taking a bribe of
Rs 1 lakh.
AP Wakf Board CEO, Farooq Ahmed was caught red-handed at
his residence in Nallakunta here while allegedly accepting
bribe of Rs 1 lakh from a complainant for appointing him as
security person, a ACB release said.
The bribe amount of Rs 1 lakh was recovered and during
the follow up searches at Ahmed`s residence an unaccounted
amount of Rs 85,000 has been seized, the release said.
The accused will be produced before the Principal Special
Judge for ACB cases after he is arrested, the release said
adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report