AP Wakf Board CEO caught accepting Rs 1 lakh bribe
Hyderabad: Anti Corruption Bureau officials
here today caught the Chief Executive Officer of Andhra
Pradesh Wakf Board red-handed for allegedly taking a bribe of
Rs 1 lakh.
AP Wakf Board CEO, Farooq Ahmed was caught red-handed at
his residence in Nallakunta here while allegedly accepting
bribe of Rs 1 lakh from a complainant for appointing him as
security person, a ACB release said.
The bribe amount of Rs 1 lakh was recovered and during
the follow up searches at Ahmed`s residence an unaccounted
amount of Rs 85,000 has been seized, the release said.
The accused will be produced before the Principal Special
Judge for ACB cases after he is arrested, the release said
adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye