AP Wakf Board CEO caught accepting Rs 1 lakh bribe
Hyderabad: Anti Corruption Bureau officials
here today caught the Chief Executive Officer of Andhra
Pradesh Wakf Board red-handed for allegedly taking a bribe of
Rs 1 lakh.
AP Wakf Board CEO, Farooq Ahmed was caught red-handed at
his residence in Nallakunta here while allegedly accepting
bribe of Rs 1 lakh from a complainant for appointing him as
security person, a ACB release said.
The bribe amount of Rs 1 lakh was recovered and during
the follow up searches at Ahmed`s residence an unaccounted
amount of Rs 85,000 has been seized, the release said.
The accused will be produced before the Principal Special
Judge for ACB cases after he is arrested, the release said
adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured