AP Wakf Board CEO caught accepting Rs 1 lakh bribe
Hyderabad: Anti Corruption Bureau officials
here today caught the Chief Executive Officer of Andhra
Pradesh Wakf Board red-handed for allegedly taking a bribe of
Rs 1 lakh.
AP Wakf Board CEO, Farooq Ahmed was caught red-handed at
his residence in Nallakunta here while allegedly accepting
bribe of Rs 1 lakh from a complainant for appointing him as
security person, a ACB release said.
The bribe amount of Rs 1 lakh was recovered and during
the follow up searches at Ahmed`s residence an unaccounted
amount of Rs 85,000 has been seized, the release said.
The accused will be produced before the Principal Special
Judge for ACB cases after he is arrested, the release said
adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days