AP Wakf Board CEO caught accepting Rs 1 lakh bribe
Hyderabad: Anti Corruption Bureau officials
here today caught the Chief Executive Officer of Andhra
Pradesh Wakf Board red-handed for allegedly taking a bribe of
Rs 1 lakh.
AP Wakf Board CEO, Farooq Ahmed was caught red-handed at
his residence in Nallakunta here while allegedly accepting
bribe of Rs 1 lakh from a complainant for appointing him as
security person, a ACB release said.
The bribe amount of Rs 1 lakh was recovered and during
the follow up searches at Ahmed`s residence an unaccounted
amount of Rs 85,000 has been seized, the release said.
The accused will be produced before the Principal Special
Judge for ACB cases after he is arrested, the release said
adding further investigations are on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case