AP wants Centre to assess damage by rain
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government will request the Centre to depute a team of officials to the state to assess the massive damage caused by heavy rains over the last few days and provide assistance.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy would write to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in this regard, Revenue Minister N Raghuveera Reddy told reporters here Monday.
A memorandum would be sent to the Centre after estimating the damage, he said.
He was speaking after a high-level review meeting held by the Chief Minister with ministers and senior officials.
The toll in rain-related incidents has mounted to 24 and crops in 5.25 lakh hectares and horticulture crops in over 24,000 acres were affected.
The Chief Minister, state Congress president and Transport Minister Botsa Satyanarayana and ministers for agriculture and civil supplies would undertake an aerial survey and field visits tomorrow in Krishna, Khammam, Visakhapatnam, East and West Godavari districts to interact with victims and to get first hand information.
Meanwhile, Civil Supplies Minister D Sridhar Babu said an assistance of Rs 1.50 lakh would be given to the kin of the deceased.
The Chief Minister would also request the Centre to relax the norms for purchase of cotton affected by rains, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog