AP: Woman loses vision in acid attack
Ongole: A 37-year-old woman lost her vision after her "paramour" threw acid on her face when she refused to continue maintaining relations with him, police said on Sunday.
The accused identified as P Rama Rao flung acid on the woman, who is the mother of three children, at Vankailapadu village in Prakasam district last night, they said.
Rao and the woman, who lost her husband some time back, were allegedly having an "illicit" affair for the past several years. However, she recently refused to continue the relationship, which angered him.
The woman received burn injuries on her face, stomach and legs, a police officer said, adding that she has lost her eyesight in the incident.
A case has been registered and efforts are being made to trace the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report