AP: Woman loses vision in acid attack
Ongole: A 37-year-old woman lost her vision after her "paramour" threw acid on her face when she refused to continue maintaining relations with him, police said on Sunday.
The accused identified as P Rama Rao flung acid on the woman, who is the mother of three children, at Vankailapadu village in Prakasam district last night, they said.
Rao and the woman, who lost her husband some time back, were allegedly having an "illicit" affair for the past several years. However, she recently refused to continue the relationship, which angered him.
The woman received burn injuries on her face, stomach and legs, a police officer said, adding that she has lost her eyesight in the incident.
A case has been registered and efforts are being made to trace the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'