AP: Woman loses vision in acid attack
Ongole: A 37-year-old woman lost her vision after her "paramour" threw acid on her face when she refused to continue maintaining relations with him, police said on Sunday.
The accused identified as P Rama Rao flung acid on the woman, who is the mother of three children, at Vankailapadu village in Prakasam district last night, they said.
Rao and the woman, who lost her husband some time back, were allegedly having an "illicit" affair for the past several years. However, she recently refused to continue the relationship, which angered him.
The woman received burn injuries on her face, stomach and legs, a police officer said, adding that she has lost her eyesight in the incident.
A case has been registered and efforts are being made to trace the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners