AP: YSRCP leaders protest against diesel price hike
Vijayawada (AP): The YSR Congress Party Wednesday held protests in Krishna district and Vijaywada town demanding immediate rollback of recent hike in fares by APSRTC for its services.
In Vijayawada, the party leaders from three Assembly constituencies staged a sit-in demonstration at Sub-Collector`s Office.
The leaders contended that Centre`s decisions of allowing FDI in multi-brand retail, hike in diesel price and cutting LPG subsidies will further burden the common man already reeling under inflation and price rise.
"The hike in diesel price and bus fares have spiralling impact on the prices of other goods and particularly essential commodities. The state government could abolish Road Transport Tax on all APSRTC services to enable it to reduce the fares," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'