AP: YSRCP leaders protest against diesel price hike
Vijayawada (AP): The YSR Congress Party Wednesday held protests in Krishna district and Vijaywada town demanding immediate rollback of recent hike in fares by APSRTC for its services.
In Vijayawada, the party leaders from three Assembly constituencies staged a sit-in demonstration at Sub-Collector`s Office.
The leaders contended that Centre`s decisions of allowing FDI in multi-brand retail, hike in diesel price and cutting LPG subsidies will further burden the common man already reeling under inflation and price rise.
"The hike in diesel price and bus fares have spiralling impact on the prices of other goods and particularly essential commodities. The state government could abolish Road Transport Tax on all APSRTC services to enable it to reduce the fares," they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory