AP: YSRCP leaders protest against diesel price hike
Vijayawada (AP): The YSR Congress Party Wednesday held protests in Krishna district and Vijaywada town demanding immediate rollback of recent hike in fares by APSRTC for its services.
In Vijayawada, the party leaders from three Assembly constituencies staged a sit-in demonstration at Sub-Collector`s Office.
The leaders contended that Centre`s decisions of allowing FDI in multi-brand retail, hike in diesel price and cutting LPG subsidies will further burden the common man already reeling under inflation and price rise.
"The hike in diesel price and bus fares have spiralling impact on the prices of other goods and particularly essential commodities. The state government could abolish Road Transport Tax on all APSRTC services to enable it to reduce the fares," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union