AP: YSRCP leaders protest against diesel price hike
Vijayawada (AP): The YSR Congress Party Wednesday held protests in Krishna district and Vijaywada town demanding immediate rollback of recent hike in fares by APSRTC for its services.
In Vijayawada, the party leaders from three Assembly constituencies staged a sit-in demonstration at Sub-Collector`s Office.
The leaders contended that Centre`s decisions of allowing FDI in multi-brand retail, hike in diesel price and cutting LPG subsidies will further burden the common man already reeling under inflation and price rise.
"The hike in diesel price and bus fares have spiralling impact on the prices of other goods and particularly essential commodities. The state government could abolish Road Transport Tax on all APSRTC services to enable it to reduce the fares," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state