AP: YSRCP leaders protest against diesel price hike
Vijayawada (AP): The YSR Congress Party Wednesday held protests in Krishna district and Vijaywada town demanding immediate rollback of recent hike in fares by APSRTC for its services.
In Vijayawada, the party leaders from three Assembly constituencies staged a sit-in demonstration at Sub-Collector`s Office.
The leaders contended that Centre`s decisions of allowing FDI in multi-brand retail, hike in diesel price and cutting LPG subsidies will further burden the common man already reeling under inflation and price rise.
"The hike in diesel price and bus fares have spiralling impact on the prices of other goods and particularly essential commodities. The state government could abolish Road Transport Tax on all APSRTC services to enable it to reduce the fares," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley