APCC slams Jairam for notice against Polavaram
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee secretary, Kolanukoda Sivaji today criticised Union Forest and Environment minister Jairam Ramesh for issuing a
notice to state government against Polavaram irrigation project.
"Jairam Ramesh should withdraw notice issued to state
government in the time of when Polavaram project was due to
get a final clearance as a national project from the Centre,"
he said, adding that it was fortunate on the union minister`s
part who was elected MP from Andhra Pradesh thrice.
Sivaji said, Jairam did so to hide his failures in
issuing clearances to Pocso and Vedanta industries in Orissa.
Union Government has already sanctioned Rs 220 crore for
Polavaram irrigation project under Accelerated Irrigation
Development Scheme, he said.
Lamenting that not a single MP from state raised the issue
of Polavaram, Sivaji demanded that the issue be discussed in
winter session of the Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!