APCC slams Jairam for notice against Polavaram
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee secretary, Kolanukoda Sivaji today criticised Union Forest and Environment minister Jairam Ramesh for issuing a
notice to state government against Polavaram irrigation project.
"Jairam Ramesh should withdraw notice issued to state
government in the time of when Polavaram project was due to
get a final clearance as a national project from the Centre,"
he said, adding that it was fortunate on the union minister`s
part who was elected MP from Andhra Pradesh thrice.
Sivaji said, Jairam did so to hide his failures in
issuing clearances to Pocso and Vedanta industries in Orissa.
Union Government has already sanctioned Rs 220 crore for
Polavaram irrigation project under Accelerated Irrigation
Development Scheme, he said.
Lamenting that not a single MP from state raised the issue
of Polavaram, Sivaji demanded that the issue be discussed in
winter session of the Parliament.
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match