APCC slams Jairam for notice against Polavaram
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee secretary, Kolanukoda Sivaji today criticised Union Forest and Environment minister Jairam Ramesh for issuing a
notice to state government against Polavaram irrigation project.
"Jairam Ramesh should withdraw notice issued to state
government in the time of when Polavaram project was due to
get a final clearance as a national project from the Centre,"
he said, adding that it was fortunate on the union minister`s
part who was elected MP from Andhra Pradesh thrice.
Sivaji said, Jairam did so to hide his failures in
issuing clearances to Pocso and Vedanta industries in Orissa.
Union Government has already sanctioned Rs 220 crore for
Polavaram irrigation project under Accelerated Irrigation
Development Scheme, he said.
Lamenting that not a single MP from state raised the issue
of Polavaram, Sivaji demanded that the issue be discussed in
winter session of the Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Lloyds to cut 3,000 jobs, close more branches after Brexit shock
- Chhattisgarh IAS officer claims 94% of death row convicts are Dalits, Muslims, triggers row
- Mahasweta Devi—A voice of the oppressed
- No objection to Rajnath attending SAARC meeting in Pak: Congress
- Punjabi films are Surveen Chawla's first love!- READ