APCC slams Jairam for notice against Polavaram
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee secretary, Kolanukoda Sivaji today criticised Union Forest and Environment minister Jairam Ramesh for issuing a
notice to state government against Polavaram irrigation project.
"Jairam Ramesh should withdraw notice issued to state
government in the time of when Polavaram project was due to
get a final clearance as a national project from the Centre,"
he said, adding that it was fortunate on the union minister`s
part who was elected MP from Andhra Pradesh thrice.
Sivaji said, Jairam did so to hide his failures in
issuing clearances to Pocso and Vedanta industries in Orissa.
Union Government has already sanctioned Rs 220 crore for
Polavaram irrigation project under Accelerated Irrigation
Development Scheme, he said.
Lamenting that not a single MP from state raised the issue
of Polavaram, Sivaji demanded that the issue be discussed in
winter session of the Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch