APCC slams Jairam for notice against Polavaram
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee secretary, Kolanukoda Sivaji today criticised Union Forest and Environment minister Jairam Ramesh for issuing a
notice to state government against Polavaram irrigation project.
"Jairam Ramesh should withdraw notice issued to state
government in the time of when Polavaram project was due to
get a final clearance as a national project from the Centre,"
he said, adding that it was fortunate on the union minister`s
part who was elected MP from Andhra Pradesh thrice.
Sivaji said, Jairam did so to hide his failures in
issuing clearances to Pocso and Vedanta industries in Orissa.
Union Government has already sanctioned Rs 220 crore for
Polavaram irrigation project under Accelerated Irrigation
Development Scheme, he said.
Lamenting that not a single MP from state raised the issue
of Polavaram, Sivaji demanded that the issue be discussed in
winter session of the Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Dredging of Brahmaputra soon to stop floods, erosion: Sonowal
- You may be ignoring these signs of a stroke! - Watch video
- Delhi schoolboy run over by van that dropped him home
- Will pursue agenda of political resolution, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Section 144 imposed in Agartala after clashes over separate tribal state, 20 injured