APNGOA given conditional nod to hold `Chalo Hyderabad` protest
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers` Association (APNGOA) was on Tuesday granted a conditional permission to hold its `Chalo Hyderabad` protest `dharna` tomorrow against the draft AP Re-organisation Bill.
The organisation had sought permission from police to hold the protest dharna at Indira Park here tomorrow against the draft Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Bill which is being debated in the current Assembly session.
APNGOA was given a conditional permission after it gave a written undertaking that it would not march towards the Andhra Pradesh Assembly which is in session, besides "other conditions", Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central Zone) V B Kamalasan Reddy said.
The body representing Andhra Pradesh government employees supporting a "united" state has been directed to hold the protest between 10 am and 5 pm without any provocative speeches or violent acts, the DCP said.
Earlier, APNGOA president P Ashok Babu had sought police permission for a `Chalo Assembly` rally, which was later modified to a `Chalo Hyderabad` protest `dharna`.
In the memorandum, the APNGOA had said that around 10,000 people would participate, though, reports quoting Ashok Babu had indicated that around a lakh people are likely to participate.
Keeping in view the ongoing session of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly and to maintain law and order, the police had initially denied them permission for a `Chalo Assembly` rally.
Meanwhile, security around the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, which is in session, has been tightened by deploying additional forces including central forces.
The city police has already imposed prohibitory orders against holding all kinds of rallies, processions, both in and around the two kilometre radius of the AP Assembly premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested