APNGOA given conditional nod to hold `Chalo Hyderabad` protest
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers` Association (APNGOA) was on Tuesday granted a conditional permission to hold its `Chalo Hyderabad` protest `dharna` tomorrow against the draft AP Re-organisation Bill.
The organisation had sought permission from police to hold the protest dharna at Indira Park here tomorrow against the draft Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Bill which is being debated in the current Assembly session.
APNGOA was given a conditional permission after it gave a written undertaking that it would not march towards the Andhra Pradesh Assembly which is in session, besides "other conditions", Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central Zone) V B Kamalasan Reddy said.
The body representing Andhra Pradesh government employees supporting a "united" state has been directed to hold the protest between 10 am and 5 pm without any provocative speeches or violent acts, the DCP said.
Earlier, APNGOA president P Ashok Babu had sought police permission for a `Chalo Assembly` rally, which was later modified to a `Chalo Hyderabad` protest `dharna`.
In the memorandum, the APNGOA had said that around 10,000 people would participate, though, reports quoting Ashok Babu had indicated that around a lakh people are likely to participate.
Keeping in view the ongoing session of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly and to maintain law and order, the police had initially denied them permission for a `Chalo Assembly` rally.
Meanwhile, security around the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, which is in session, has been tightened by deploying additional forces including central forces.
The city police has already imposed prohibitory orders against holding all kinds of rallies, processions, both in and around the two kilometre radius of the AP Assembly premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?