APNGOs to protest before Assembly over bifurcation Bill
Vijayawada: The Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers Association has given a "seize the Assembly" call to protest the proposed bifurcation of the state.
Addressing a gathering organised by Advocates Joint Action Committee of Seemaandhra, APNGOs association president Ashok Babu said here on Thursday they will hold a protest in front of the state Assembly when the draft AP Reorganisation Bill-2013 comes up for discussion before the House.
Demanding that legislators from all parties oppose the Bill, he expressed confidence that all MLAs from Seemandhra would support the demand for a unified state and oppose the Bill for bifurcation.
The proposed bifurcation is against the spirit of Constitution, and it would not be acceptable to any one from Seemandhra region, he pointed out.
The APNGOs would also convene an all party meet soon to discuss how to oppose the Bill in the House.
Ashok Babu demanded that all MPs from Seemandhra region should resign to support the cause of a united Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack