APPSC exams a "farce": TRS
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao
today described the preliminary entrance exam conducted today
by the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) amid
protests by Telangana protagonists as a "farce" and demanded
that the government cancel the test.
"Even though Telangana students and leaders cutting
across political parties appealed that the exam be postponed,
the state government behaved in a stubborn manner. They have
totally failed. The question paper was leaked within 10
minutes after the exam began," he told reporters here.
The exam would not stand legal scrutiny as the question
paper leaked with some of the candidates coming out of the
test centres within minutes, he claimed.
Reiterating his party`s allegations that APPSC Chairman A
Venkatram Reddy was "corrupt" and always "discriminated
against" Telangana, the TRS president demanded his immediate
removal from the post.
The APPSC never gave details about how candidates were
recruited over the years which showed its partial attitude, he
Alleging that Chief Minister K Rosaiah, Chief Secretary S
V Prasad and DGP K Aravinda Rao are against Telangana as they
belonged to non-Telangana regions, Chandrasekhar Rao claimed
that justice would not be done to the region as long as the
state remained united.
"I want Telangana people to understand this. Justice
would not be done to Telangana in the integrated state (AP).
So, they should support us when a "maha yuddham" (great war)
takes place for separate state after the Sri Krishna committee
submits its report by the end of this year," the TRS chief
The government should cancel today`s exam by tomorrow
failing which the Telangana supporters would intensify their
stir on the issue, he said.
The future course of action over the issue would be
decided at the meeting of the Joint Action Committee (JAC) of
TRS and various people`s organisations, he added.
When pointed out that a good number of candidates
appeared for the examination even in Telangana region,
Chandrasekhar Rao said attendance was thin at several places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31