AP:Reshuffle of portfolios after Cabinet expansion
Hyderabad: In a minor reshuffle of
portfolios among Ministers in Andhra Pradesh following a
Cabinet expansion, Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar
Rajanarasimha has been divested of Agriculture.
Rajanarasimha would continue to have Higher Education,
while Agriculture portfolio has been re-allocated to Kanna
Lakshminarayana, who hitherto held Housing.
N Uttam Kumar Reddy would be the new Minister for
Housing, a Government Order (GO) issued by Chief Secretary
said here today.
Another senior Minister DL Ravindra Reddy, who held
Health, Medical Education and other health-related
departments, has been divested of Medical Education.
Medical Education has been allocated to Kondru Murali
Mohan, who assumed office yesterday.
The portfolio of Handlooms, Textiles, Spinning Mills
and Small Scale Industries, hitherto held by Chief Minister N
Kiran Kumar Reddy, has been allocated to G Prasad Kumar.
The portfolio of Public Enterprises will be held by
the Chief Minister till alternate arrangements are made, the
In a minor expansion of the Cabinet, three legislators
-- Uttam Reddy, Kondru Mohan and Prasad Kumar -- were inducted
yesterday. With their induction, the strength of the Cabinet
rose to 41.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley