AP`s first all-women post office comes up in Vizag
Visakhapatnam: The first all-women post office (Mahila Dak Ghar) in Andhra Pradesh has come up in this port city.
The post office in MVP Colony area was today inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Killi Kruparani.
Speaking on the occasion, she said the initiative was part of the UPA Government`s focus on women empowerment, safety and gender equality.
"Four all-women post offices will be soon opened at Narayanaguda, Vivekanandanagar, Andhra Mahila Sabha and Vidyanagar in Hyderabad, the Minister said.
Hyderabad`s main post office in Shamsabad will soon have an Automated Mail Processing Centre. Once the centre becomes operational, no documentation will be required with respect to sorting, dispatching and delivering of mails, the Minister said.
The all-women post office will be manned by a team of six staffers. It will offer traditional and modern services like registered and speed post, e-money order, Western Union money transfer, e-payment of utility bills besides savings bank facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi