AP`s first all-women post office comes up in Vizag
Visakhapatnam: The first all-women post office (Mahila Dak Ghar) in Andhra Pradesh has come up in this port city.
The post office in MVP Colony area was today inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Killi Kruparani.
Speaking on the occasion, she said the initiative was part of the UPA Government`s focus on women empowerment, safety and gender equality.
"Four all-women post offices will be soon opened at Narayanaguda, Vivekanandanagar, Andhra Mahila Sabha and Vidyanagar in Hyderabad, the Minister said.
Hyderabad`s main post office in Shamsabad will soon have an Automated Mail Processing Centre. Once the centre becomes operational, no documentation will be required with respect to sorting, dispatching and delivering of mails, the Minister said.
The all-women post office will be manned by a team of six staffers. It will offer traditional and modern services like registered and speed post, e-money order, Western Union money transfer, e-payment of utility bills besides savings bank facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack