Army Chief worships at Lord Venkateswara temple
Tirupati: Army Chief Gen VK Singh offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here on Friday.
Singh along with wife witnessed an hour long "Abhishekam" (celestial bath) conducted to the presiding deity at the inner sanctum of the shrine, temple sources told a news agency.
Immediately after worship, they left the hills, the sources said.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today