Army Chief worships at Lord Venkateswara temple
Tirupati: Army Chief Gen VK Singh offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here on Friday.
Singh along with wife witnessed an hour long "Abhishekam" (celestial bath) conducted to the presiding deity at the inner sanctum of the shrine, temple sources told a news agency.
Immediately after worship, they left the hills, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai