Armyman booked for rape
Hyderabad: An armyman was on Friday booked for allegedly raping a minor girl in neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, police said.
The accused, identified as Naresh, is a resident of Kulakcharla village.
He had come on a vacation to the village last year when he allegedly raped the girl, who is now seven-month pregnant, they said, quoting from a complaint lodged by the victim`s parents.
The girl is said to be mentally-ill.
The victim`s parents, who stay in Hyderabad, had left her with her grandmother, who resides in Kulakcharla. They came to know about the matter three days ago on returning to the village, and lodged a police complaint.
A senior police officer said investigations were on to gather details of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon