Armyman booked for rape
Hyderabad: An armyman was on Friday booked for allegedly raping a minor girl in neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, police said.
The accused, identified as Naresh, is a resident of Kulakcharla village.
He had come on a vacation to the village last year when he allegedly raped the girl, who is now seven-month pregnant, they said, quoting from a complaint lodged by the victim`s parents.
The girl is said to be mentally-ill.
The victim`s parents, who stay in Hyderabad, had left her with her grandmother, who resides in Kulakcharla. They came to know about the matter three days ago on returning to the village, and lodged a police complaint.
A senior police officer said investigations were on to gather details of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?