Armyman booked for rape
Hyderabad: An armyman was on Friday booked for allegedly raping a minor girl in neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, police said.
The accused, identified as Naresh, is a resident of Kulakcharla village.
He had come on a vacation to the village last year when he allegedly raped the girl, who is now seven-month pregnant, they said, quoting from a complaint lodged by the victim`s parents.
The girl is said to be mentally-ill.
The victim`s parents, who stay in Hyderabad, had left her with her grandmother, who resides in Kulakcharla. They came to know about the matter three days ago on returning to the village, and lodged a police complaint.
A senior police officer said investigations were on to gather details of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?