Armyman booked for rape
Hyderabad: An armyman was on Friday booked for allegedly raping a minor girl in neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, police said.
The accused, identified as Naresh, is a resident of Kulakcharla village.
He had come on a vacation to the village last year when he allegedly raped the girl, who is now seven-month pregnant, they said, quoting from a complaint lodged by the victim`s parents.
The girl is said to be mentally-ill.
The victim`s parents, who stay in Hyderabad, had left her with her grandmother, who resides in Kulakcharla. They came to know about the matter three days ago on returning to the village, and lodged a police complaint.
A senior police officer said investigations were on to gather details of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH