Armyman booked for rape
Hyderabad: An armyman was on Friday booked for allegedly raping a minor girl in neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, police said.
The accused, identified as Naresh, is a resident of Kulakcharla village.
He had come on a vacation to the village last year when he allegedly raped the girl, who is now seven-month pregnant, they said, quoting from a complaint lodged by the victim`s parents.
The girl is said to be mentally-ill.
The victim`s parents, who stay in Hyderabad, had left her with her grandmother, who resides in Kulakcharla. They came to know about the matter three days ago on returning to the village, and lodged a police complaint.
A senior police officer said investigations were on to gather details of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter