Arunachal CM urges NHPC to amend policies
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has urged the National Hydro-Electric Power Corporation (NHPC) to amend the proposed policies for recruitment, resettlement and rehabilitation (R&R) and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) of its ongoing power projects in the state.
"There is a communication gap between the power developers and the people. People of Arunachal are very simple. If they are properly made aware of the advantages of the projects including security of the local communities, they would never oppose," Tuki observed while attending a high level review meeting with NHPC officials at New Delhi yesterday, official sources said here today.
Tuki also hinted at the lackadaisical attitude of the executing agencies in taking the people, especially those affected by the projects, into confidence and winning their faith, in the meeting in which he took detailed stock of the status of the Subansiri Lower Hydro Electric Project, Tawang I and Tawang II projects besides Dibang Multipurpose hydro electric project, the sources said.
The chief minister said he has full faith in PSU’s such as NHPC and NEEPCO and expressed hope that they would always work towards safeguarding the greater public concerns.
Tuki suggested that besides implementing power projects in the state, the PSUs should chip in creation of infrastructure as and where necessary.
In this regard, he sought NHPC?s initiative to build tunnels on roads in Anini area that would help cut-short the distance, sources said quoting Tuki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days