Asset details of AP MLAs to be made public
Hyderabad: Members of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly have been asked to furnish details of their assets and liabilities to the Speaker within the next 15 days and the information will be put up on website.
"For the first time, we will display full details of the members` assets and liabilities on the Legislature`s website, www.Aplegislature.Org. We have asked the MLAs to furnish all details in 15 days," Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar told reporters here this afternoon.
As per Rule 364 of Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in Andhra Pradesh Legislature, members were required to submit details of their assets and liabilities to the Assembly Speaker by July 31 every year.
"Members are required to submit these details at the time of their election. They have to furnish fresh details if there is any change in their assets or liabilities. If there is no change, they need not declare anything afresh and we will use the previous data," the Speaker said.
Hitherto, members used to submit such details in sealed covers and the contents were not made public though they were supposed to be treated as "public document". But now, the Speaker has decided to upload all such details on the legislature`s website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh