Asset details of AP MLAs to be made public
Hyderabad: Members of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly have been asked to furnish details of their assets and liabilities to the Speaker within the next 15 days and the information will be put up on website.
"For the first time, we will display full details of the members` assets and liabilities on the Legislature`s website, www.Aplegislature.Org. We have asked the MLAs to furnish all details in 15 days," Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar told reporters here this afternoon.
As per Rule 364 of Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in Andhra Pradesh Legislature, members were required to submit details of their assets and liabilities to the Assembly Speaker by July 31 every year.
"Members are required to submit these details at the time of their election. They have to furnish fresh details if there is any change in their assets or liabilities. If there is no change, they need not declare anything afresh and we will use the previous data," the Speaker said.
Hitherto, members used to submit such details in sealed covers and the contents were not made public though they were supposed to be treated as "public document". But now, the Speaker has decided to upload all such details on the legislature`s website.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'