Asset details of AP MLAs to be made public
Hyderabad: Members of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly have been asked to furnish details of their assets and liabilities to the Speaker within the next 15 days and the information will be put up on website.
"For the first time, we will display full details of the members` assets and liabilities on the Legislature`s website, www.Aplegislature.Org. We have asked the MLAs to furnish all details in 15 days," Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar told reporters here this afternoon.
As per Rule 364 of Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in Andhra Pradesh Legislature, members were required to submit details of their assets and liabilities to the Assembly Speaker by July 31 every year.
"Members are required to submit these details at the time of their election. They have to furnish fresh details if there is any change in their assets or liabilities. If there is no change, they need not declare anything afresh and we will use the previous data," the Speaker said.
Hitherto, members used to submit such details in sealed covers and the contents were not made public though they were supposed to be treated as "public document". But now, the Speaker has decided to upload all such details on the legislature`s website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- Arjun Kapoor to have double role in 'Mubaraka'
- WATCH: TERRIFYING! Ten times Brock Lesnar showed no mercy to his WWE opponents
- Why locals in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir are protesting against Nawaz Sharif's PML(N), ISI – Watch video
- Akshay Kumar to start Divya Khosla's next in September
- Woman killed for dowry in Etah; husband, five others booked