Assets case: Jagan moves bail plea in CBI court
Hyderabad: Jailed YSR Congress leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Friday moved a bail application in a special CBI court here in connection with a disproportionate assets case against him.
The Kadapa MP, presently under judicial remand and lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison here since his arrest on May 27 by the CBI on corruption charges, filed two separate petitions in the court seeking bail.
This is the second bail plea of Jagan in the CBI court here after it had earlier dismissed the bail plea on June 1, on the ground that he (being an MP and president of a political party) was in the position to tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses.
The Supreme Court too on October 5 dismissed Jagan`s bail plea in the alleged multi-crore disproportionate assets case against him.
A bench of justices Aftab Alam and Ranjana Prakash Desai ruled that Jagan can apply for bail only after the CBI completes its investigation in all the seven other cases lodged against him.
The CBI has accused Jagan of getting huge investments from various individuals and firms into his businesses as quid-pro-quo for the favours granted by government when his father (late YS Rajasekhara Reddy) was the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16