Assets case: TDP chief wants Jagan arrested
Kakinada: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday demanded the arrest of Kadapa MP and YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in connection with the disproportionate assets case.
Naidu said this while addressing a public rally during his one-day election tour at Ramachandrapuram constituency in East Godavari district ahead of the by-polls to 18 assembly segments and one Lok Sabha constituency.
The former chief minister said people should neither trust the Congress not the YSR Congress, as both were "responsible for rampant corruption and had indulged in shady deals."
He demanded that tainted ministers in Andhra Pradesh should also be put behind bars.
The TDP chief further said that if his party came to power in Andhra Pradesh, a separate sub-plan for the welfare of backward classes would be formulated on the lines of SC/ST sub-plan.
Asserting that backward classes had always stood by his party, Naidu said, "The TDP is committed for the welfare of the backward classes and other neglected sections of the society. If TDP comes to power, it would sanction Rs 500 pension to all senior citizens."
"It would be our endeavour to provide free rice to poor people. We not only propose fee reimbursement to college students, but also Rs 1,000 allowance to the unemployed in the state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India