Assets case: TDP chief wants Jagan arrested
Kakinada: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday demanded the arrest of Kadapa MP and YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in connection with the disproportionate assets case.
Naidu said this while addressing a public rally during his one-day election tour at Ramachandrapuram constituency in East Godavari district ahead of the by-polls to 18 assembly segments and one Lok Sabha constituency.
The former chief minister said people should neither trust the Congress not the YSR Congress, as both were "responsible for rampant corruption and had indulged in shady deals."
He demanded that tainted ministers in Andhra Pradesh should also be put behind bars.
The TDP chief further said that if his party came to power in Andhra Pradesh, a separate sub-plan for the welfare of backward classes would be formulated on the lines of SC/ST sub-plan.
Asserting that backward classes had always stood by his party, Naidu said, "The TDP is committed for the welfare of the backward classes and other neglected sections of the society. If TDP comes to power, it would sanction Rs 500 pension to all senior citizens."
"It would be our endeavour to provide free rice to poor people. We not only propose fee reimbursement to college students, but also Rs 1,000 allowance to the unemployed in the state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail