At least 875 kg of dry ganja seized in AP; 3 held
Visakhapatnam: Police on Monday seized 875 kilograms of dry ganja valued at Rs 43 lakh from the agency area here and arrested three smugglers transporting the contraband in a van.
Acting on a tip-off, the police seized ganja near Alluri Seethamaraju park on the outskirts of KD Peta area this morning, Sub-Inspector K D Peta Police Station, G Gopala Rao said.
The arrested trio was identified as V Teja of Koyyuru mandal, M Veerendra Prasad of Golugonda Mandal, and Kona Durga Prasad of Bolleddu village from East Godavari district.
Three cell phones were also seized from their possession, police said.
The accused had procured the ganja from Nerallabanda near Peddavalasa area here and were trying to transport it to Rajahmundry in East Godavari district.
A case has been registered under various sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act and the three will be produced in a court later in the day, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'