Babhli issue: Rosaiah to convene all party meet on Friday
Hyderabad: Accepting the request made by the
TDP and Praja Rajyam Party, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K
Rosaiah has convened a meeting with leaders of nine political
parties to discuss the State`s stand on the controversial
Babhli irrigation project.
Major Irrigation Minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah wrote
letters to leaders of these parties today inviting them for
the meeting with the Chief Minister at 11.30 am tomorrow.
"This is a preliminary meeting on the Babhli issue ahead
of the all-party meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in
New Delhi at 5.30 pm on July 26," Ponnala said in the letter.
Earlier in the day, TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu and
Praja Rajyam Party president K Chiranjeevi wrote separate
letters to the Chief Minister urging him to convene an
all-party meeting on the Babhli issue.
"We received the draft note on Babhli for ventilating our
views. We request you to convene a meeting with all political
parties to place our suggestions before the state government,"
Chiranjeevi also suggested that Rosaiah try to evolve a
consensus among political parties in the state on the Babhli
issue ahead of the meeting with the Prime Minister.
"It will be better if we go to the Prime Minister with
the common resolve that only a political solution will end the
Babhli row. I request you to convene an all-party meeting
before July 25 to discuss the issue," Chiranjeevi requested in
a separate letter to the Chief Minister today.
He wanted the Chief Minister to include two
representatives from each political party in the delegation to
meet the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?