Baby girl`s parents suspect sexual assault on daughter
Hyderabad: Parents of an 11-month-old baby girl at Saroornagar area here have lodged a complaint with the police alleging that a 40-year-old man sexually assaulted her, police said on Friday.
The baby`s parents handed her to an `aaya` (caretaker) on February 5 morning. When they brought her back home in the evening, they found that she had injuries, as per the complaint.
It alleged that Nagaraju, the caretaker woman`s son, sexually assaulted the girl, a police officer said.
Saroornagar police have lodged a case under relevant sections of Indian Penal Code as well as the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
However, the police officer said that circumstantial evidence so far indicated that Nagaraju was not home that day and had gone out for work.
"We are also awaiting the doctors` opinion," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...