Bail to Jagan’s associate in corruption case
Hyderabad: A CBI court on Monday granted bail to Jagati Publications Pvt Ltd vice-chairman V Vijay Sai Reddy in the corruption case involving Kadapa MP, YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
Vijay Sai surrendered before the court on April 23 after the Andhra Pradesh High Court cancelled his earlier bail on April 20.
The HC had said his bail plea can be considered by the trial court afresh.
After hearing arguments, the lower court today granted him bail. Judge Nagamaruti Sarma directed that Vijai Sai should not leave Hyderabad without permission, and execute a bond for Rs 25,000 with two sureties of the like amount.
He will have to deposit his passport with the court and make himself available for questioning by CBI.
CBI lawyer had argued that if released, Reddy may tamper with witnesses and evidence.
Vijay Sai, a financial adviser of Jagan`s companies and family auditor of former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, the late YS Rajasekhara Reddy, was the first person to be arrested in this case, in January.
On March 31, CBI filed charge-sheet against Jagan and 12 others including Vijay Sai. Jagan is accused of getting investments from firms into his own businesses as a part of quid-pro-quo for favourable decisions during his father`s tenure as the CM.
According to the central agency, Vijay Sai was involved in laundering the "ill-gotten" money by floating fictitious firms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon