Balakrishna, NTR`s son to join politics
Vijayawada: Yet another Telugu film star is
set to enter the politics. Nandamuri Balakrishna, son of
Telugu Desam founder-president NT Rama Rao, on Saturday announced
that he would contest the election in 2014.
"I will jump into the electoral battle in 2014, apart
from campaigning for TDP in Andhra Pradesh," said Balaiah, as
he is popularly known.
Balaiah, who acted in several Telugu blockbusters in the
career spanning three decades, had campaigned for the TDP when
his father was at the helm, and even later when Chandrababu
Naidu took over the reins.
Balaiah`s daughter is married to Chandrababu`s son.
"Apart from campaigning for the party candidates, I will
directly enter the electoral fray. I will contest from any
place that the party decides," he told reporters during a
visit to Vijayawada this evening.
Balaiah will unveil the statue of his late father at
Ghantasala village in Krishna district tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!