Bandh in Krishna district against AP bifurcation
Vijayawada: The state transport buses were off road and several business establishments shut in Krishna district on Wednesday in response to a 48-hour bandh call given by APNGOs against proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
The Andhra Pradesh Non Gazetted Officers Association (APNGOs) gave a 48-hour bandh call from last midnight and it was supported by the Krishna district`s political Joint Action Committee, Vijayawada Chamber of Commerce and Industry, students` JAC, Bar Association, Krishna District Lorry Owners Association and many other organisations.
The APSRTC buses were off the road with its employees already on strike since August 12 in support of the Samaikhyandhra.
Shops, hotels, small eateries and other business establishments in the city and in Krishna district were closed in response to the bandh.
Educational institutions also announced a holiday in response to the bandh.
In the city, the political JAC conducted a cycle and motorcycle rally in support of the bandh, which will continue till Thursday midnight.
APNGOs Association, Krishna district president A Vidyasagar asked the people to participate in the bandh in a peaceful manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?