Bandh peaceful in Andhra-Orissa border: Police
Hyderabad: The two-day bandh call given
by Maoists in the Visakha Agency area and the Andhra-Orissa
border (AOB) of Andhra Pradesh was peaceful so far, even as
combing and frisking operation continued, police said on Tuesday.
"The bandh was peaceful so far and no incidents were
reported in Visakhapatnam district. However, combing and
frisking operations shall continue in the bordering areas,"
Visakhapatnam (Rural) district Superintendent of Police Vineet
Brij Lal, told agency over phone.
The 48-hour bandh was called by the CPI(Maoist) from
yesterday in Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, West Bengal, Andhra
Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and three districts of Maharashtra to
protest against the `Operation Green Hunt` launched against
them and the recent encounters in Andhra in which top Maoists
Shakamuri Apparao and Kondal Reddy were shot dead.
Compared to yesterday shops, business establishments
remained open at various towns and villages, and RTC buses
plyed normally, though at some areas of the district the bus
services were stopped, the police officer said.
Elaborate security arrangements are in place to thwart
any attempts by Maoists to carry out violent acts, the SP said
adding they were also in regular coordination with the Orissa
Apart from Visakhapatnam, police forces in large
contingents were also deployed in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram in
the AOB to carry out special operations in the bordering
regions, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda