Bangaru Laxman returns to Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A day after furnishing a bail bond before a trial court in Delhi, former BJP president Bangaru Laxman on Saturday returned to Hyderabad.
Bangaru was granted bail by Delhi High Court on October 11 in a case against him for taking bribe in a fictitious defence deal.
Bangaru was received at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad by party workers and senior party leaders including former union minister Bandaru Dattatreya, Ch Vidyasagar Rao, MLA A Laxaminarayana and state party vice president Chinta Samba Murthy.
He was taken to his residence in Srinagar Colony in a procession taken out by the party workers and dalit activists.
72-year-old Bangaru was taken into custody on April 27 to serve a four-year imprisonment awarded by a special CBI court for taking Rs one lakh as bribe from a group of undercover journalists in 2001 to fix a fictitious defence deal to supply some equipment to Indian Army.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'