Bangaru Laxman returns to Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A day after furnishing a bail bond before a trial court in Delhi, former BJP president Bangaru Laxman on Saturday returned to Hyderabad.
Bangaru was granted bail by Delhi High Court on October 11 in a case against him for taking bribe in a fictitious defence deal.
Bangaru was received at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad by party workers and senior party leaders including former union minister Bandaru Dattatreya, Ch Vidyasagar Rao, MLA A Laxaminarayana and state party vice president Chinta Samba Murthy.
He was taken to his residence in Srinagar Colony in a procession taken out by the party workers and dalit activists.
72-year-old Bangaru was taken into custody on April 27 to serve a four-year imprisonment awarded by a special CBI court for taking Rs one lakh as bribe from a group of undercover journalists in 2001 to fix a fictitious defence deal to supply some equipment to Indian Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'