Bangaru Laxman returns to Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A day after furnishing a bail bond before a trial court in Delhi, former BJP president Bangaru Laxman on Saturday returned to Hyderabad.
Bangaru was granted bail by Delhi High Court on October 11 in a case against him for taking bribe in a fictitious defence deal.
Bangaru was received at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad by party workers and senior party leaders including former union minister Bandaru Dattatreya, Ch Vidyasagar Rao, MLA A Laxaminarayana and state party vice president Chinta Samba Murthy.
He was taken to his residence in Srinagar Colony in a procession taken out by the party workers and dalit activists.
72-year-old Bangaru was taken into custody on April 27 to serve a four-year imprisonment awarded by a special CBI court for taking Rs one lakh as bribe from a group of undercover journalists in 2001 to fix a fictitious defence deal to supply some equipment to Indian Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC