Bangaru Laxman returns to Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A day after furnishing a bail bond before a trial court in Delhi, former BJP president Bangaru Laxman on Saturday returned to Hyderabad.
Bangaru was granted bail by Delhi High Court on October 11 in a case against him for taking bribe in a fictitious defence deal.
Bangaru was received at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad by party workers and senior party leaders including former union minister Bandaru Dattatreya, Ch Vidyasagar Rao, MLA A Laxaminarayana and state party vice president Chinta Samba Murthy.
He was taken to his residence in Srinagar Colony in a procession taken out by the party workers and dalit activists.
72-year-old Bangaru was taken into custody on April 27 to serve a four-year imprisonment awarded by a special CBI court for taking Rs one lakh as bribe from a group of undercover journalists in 2001 to fix a fictitious defence deal to supply some equipment to Indian Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan