Bangaru Laxman returns to Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A day after furnishing a bail bond before a trial court in Delhi, former BJP president Bangaru Laxman on Saturday returned to Hyderabad.
Bangaru was granted bail by Delhi High Court on October 11 in a case against him for taking bribe in a fictitious defence deal.
Bangaru was received at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad by party workers and senior party leaders including former union minister Bandaru Dattatreya, Ch Vidyasagar Rao, MLA A Laxaminarayana and state party vice president Chinta Samba Murthy.
He was taken to his residence in Srinagar Colony in a procession taken out by the party workers and dalit activists.
72-year-old Bangaru was taken into custody on April 27 to serve a four-year imprisonment awarded by a special CBI court for taking Rs one lakh as bribe from a group of undercover journalists in 2001 to fix a fictitious defence deal to supply some equipment to Indian Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested