Bangarupalem bypolls: Chiru to campaign for Congress in K`taka
Hyderabad: Praja Rajyam Party President K
Chiranjeevi will on Thursday campaign for the Congress party in
the by-election to Bangarupalem Assembly constituency in
Union Minister of State for Railways K Muniyappa invited
Chiranjeevi to campaign for the Congress considering the huge
fan following of the actor-turned-politician in Karnataka.
There is also a sizable Telugu population in the constituency.
Chiranjeevi will also campaign for the Congress-DMK
combine in the Assembly elections in Tamil Nadu, PRP sources
AICC General Secretary Ghulam Nabi Azad and Tamil Nadu
Congress Committee president K V Tangabalu spoke to
Chiranjeevi separately over phone and requested him to
campaign for the party.
In fact, Chiranjeevi had a meeting with AICC chief Sonia
Gandhi a few days ago wherein she requested him to be a star
campaigner for the Congress in the Tamil Nadu elections.
Accordingly, Chiranjeevi will campaign in Tamil Nadu on
April 8 and 9. He is later expected to campaign for the
Congress in Kharagpur in West Bengal, where there are a large
number of Telugu voters.
The PRP will be formally merged with the Congress mid-May
after the completion of Assembly elections in five states.
Chiranjeevi has invited Sonia and Rahul Gandhi for a massive
public meeting proposed to be held near Vijayawada for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them