Bank, govt employees continue strike in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Employees of banks and public sector organisations in Andhra Pradesh on Thursday continued their protests on the second day of the two-day strike called by Central trade unions in support of their various demands.
The personnel of various organisations, who stayed away from work yesterday, began their protests in Hyderabad and other places in Andhra Pradesh.
The employees of various PSU banks and workers in the unorganised sector took out protest rallies in Hyderabad and other parts of the state.
Services in banking and other PSU organisations were badly affected on the first day of the 48-hour general strike yesterday.
AITUC state unit president and MLC P J Chandrasekhar Rao had claimed that the strike was being held in an unprecedented manner with staff of the state-run miner Singareni Collieries, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) joining the stir.
He claimed that 75 percent of RTC buses, the principal mode of public transport in AP, remained off the roads yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!