Bank, govt employees continue strike in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Employees of banks and public sector organisations in Andhra Pradesh on Thursday continued their protests on the second day of the two-day strike called by Central trade unions in support of their various demands.
The personnel of various organisations, who stayed away from work yesterday, began their protests in Hyderabad and other places in Andhra Pradesh.
The employees of various PSU banks and workers in the unorganised sector took out protest rallies in Hyderabad and other parts of the state.
Services in banking and other PSU organisations were badly affected on the first day of the 48-hour general strike yesterday.
AITUC state unit president and MLC P J Chandrasekhar Rao had claimed that the strike was being held in an unprecedented manner with staff of the state-run miner Singareni Collieries, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) joining the stir.
He claimed that 75 percent of RTC buses, the principal mode of public transport in AP, remained off the roads yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!