Bank, govt employees continue strike in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Employees of banks and public sector organisations in Andhra Pradesh on Thursday continued their protests on the second day of the two-day strike called by Central trade unions in support of their various demands.
The personnel of various organisations, who stayed away from work yesterday, began their protests in Hyderabad and other places in Andhra Pradesh.
The employees of various PSU banks and workers in the unorganised sector took out protest rallies in Hyderabad and other parts of the state.
Services in banking and other PSU organisations were badly affected on the first day of the 48-hour general strike yesterday.
AITUC state unit president and MLC P J Chandrasekhar Rao had claimed that the strike was being held in an unprecedented manner with staff of the state-run miner Singareni Collieries, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) joining the stir.
He claimed that 75 percent of RTC buses, the principal mode of public transport in AP, remained off the roads yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22