Bank manager arrested for sexually exploiting women in Andhra
Hyderabad: An official of a nationalised
bank was arrested for allegedly sexually exploiting women who
approached him for bank loans in Anantapur district of Andhra
Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
N Prabhakar, an assistant manager of the SBI branch of
Vajrakarur village in Anantapur district, also filmed women in
compromising positions through his mobile phone camera, they
said adding that the incident came to light recently when he
gave his phone to record songs at a mobile shop.
"The mobile shop owner Venu, in turn downloaded the
objectionable clips from Prabhakar`s cell phone and made CDs
of them along with two other associates Sudarshan and Guru
Swamy who sold these CDs in the market," Guntakal DSP C H
Victor said over phone.
The matter was brought to the notice of the police by
some villagers who watched the pornographic CDs and identified
Prabhakar. Later, women organisations also raised protests
demanding action against the assistant bank manager.
Following a complaint by the Vajrakarur villagers, the
police booked a case under Section 292 (sale, distribution,
public exhibition of an obscene object) IPC, Indecent
Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act 1986 and Section 67
(publishing information which is obscene in electronic form)
of the IT Act against them, the police officer said.
The DSP said they were also investigating into the
allegations that Prabhakar made friends with tribal women who
approached him for loans and sought sexual favours from them
for sanctioning loans.
The bank official has confessed that he paid the women
for sex, but the DSP said they were enquiring into the matter.
"We have to establish if Prabhakar lured the women to
form physical relations with him for bank loans or either
forced them or engaged them and how many women got cheated,"
Prabhakar a native of Kadapa district, filmed his
objectionable acts on his mobile phone camera about six months
ago, the police officer said, adding that preliminary
investigations suggest that Prabhakar has a "pervert" mindset.
While Prabhakar, Venu and Sudarshan were arrested last
evening, search is on to nab Guru Swamy, who is at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!