Banswada bypoll: 77% polling reported
Hyderabad: Over 77 percent polling was
reported in the bypoll held to the Banswada Assembly
constituency in Andhra Pradesh`s Nizamabad district on Thursday.
The by-election was peaceful and 77.62 per cent polling
was reported, Chief Electoral Officer (in-charge) MA Fahim
The counting of votes would be taken up on October 17.
There are 77,305 men voters, while the number of women
voters is 82,368. Polling authorities had set up 186 polling
The bypoll was necessitated as sitting TDP MLA Pocharam
Srinivasa Reddy resigned from his post and the party and
He quit the TDP in protest against the party`s alleged
ambivalent stand on the Telangana issue.
He is seeking re-election and his victory is said to be a
foregone conclusion as the separate statehood agitation has
been going on in full steam for over a month now.
The TDP chose not to field its candidate, while ruling
Congress nominee is S Srinvasa Goud.
No major Congress leader campaigned in support of the
party candidate as Srinivasa Reddy quit in support of the
Four independents are also in the fray.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory