Be prepared to tackle monsoon challenges: CM tells DCs
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister
K Rosaiah today directed all District Collectors to be on
alert and be prepared to tackle challenges with regard to the
Rosaiah has inquired about the preparedness of the
administration to face the challenges on the water front and
also spread of vector-borne disease, a release from the Chief
Minister`s Office said tonight.
He has directed the officials to come up with a
comprehensive village-wise action plans and precautions to
face the challenges.
As per the latest reports from the Meteorological
Department, monsoon is likely to advance all over the state in
the next 48 hours, the release said, adding that the official
machinery should be geared up to meet any eventualities.
The Chief Minister directed the district collectors to
make all preparations for the successful completion of the
`Rytu Sadassu` (farmers` convention) scheduled to begin all
over the state from tomorrow.
"I do not want even a single farmer to be denied or
left out in distribution of subsidised agri inputs including
seeds, fertilisers and agricultural credit," the release
quoted Rosaiah as saying.
The farmers` conventions are organised to help solve
farmers problems and benefit them, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP