Be prepared to tackle monsoon challenges: CM tells DCs
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister
K Rosaiah today directed all District Collectors to be on
alert and be prepared to tackle challenges with regard to the
Rosaiah has inquired about the preparedness of the
administration to face the challenges on the water front and
also spread of vector-borne disease, a release from the Chief
Minister`s Office said tonight.
He has directed the officials to come up with a
comprehensive village-wise action plans and precautions to
face the challenges.
As per the latest reports from the Meteorological
Department, monsoon is likely to advance all over the state in
the next 48 hours, the release said, adding that the official
machinery should be geared up to meet any eventualities.
The Chief Minister directed the district collectors to
make all preparations for the successful completion of the
`Rytu Sadassu` (farmers` convention) scheduled to begin all
over the state from tomorrow.
"I do not want even a single farmer to be denied or
left out in distribution of subsidised agri inputs including
seeds, fertilisers and agricultural credit," the release
quoted Rosaiah as saying.
The farmers` conventions are organised to help solve
farmers problems and benefit them, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling