Bedlam in AP Assembly for 5th consecutive day
Hyderabad: The Telangana issue, among others, led to pandemonium in the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly for the fifth consecutive day on Saturday.
Opposition parties appeared in no mood to let the House conduct its business on the final day of the Monsoon session and disrupted the proceedings from the word go.
As a result, Speaker Nadendla Manohar had to adjourn the House twice for an hour each.
The day began with the Speaker disallowing the various adjournment motions moved by Opposition parties on issues like Telangana, drought, tribals problems and open cast mining.
Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) legislators immediately trooped into the Well of the House and started raising slogans demanding creation of Telangana state. The BJP MLAs and an Independent legislator, too, were on their feet on the same issue.
YSR Congress members came to the House in black robes protesting the Government policies. Their leader YS Vijaya came in a saree pinned with a black ribbon.
The Speaker, Legislative Affairs Minister D Sridhar Babu and Government Chief Whip Gandra Venkata Ramana Reddy appealed to the protesting members to let the House run as it was the last day of the monsoon session and certain Bills have to be passed.
But the Opposition members remained adamant, leading to the first adjournment.
Noisy scenes continued after the House resumed even as the Speaker announced the questions listed for the day were deemed to have been answered and answers to unstarred questions were placed on the table of the House.
With the TRS members remaining in the Well, Manohar adjourned the House for an hour again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP