Bedlam in AP Assembly for 5th consecutive day
Hyderabad: The Telangana issue, among others, led to pandemonium in the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly for the fifth consecutive day on Saturday.
Opposition parties appeared in no mood to let the House conduct its business on the final day of the Monsoon session and disrupted the proceedings from the word go.
As a result, Speaker Nadendla Manohar had to adjourn the House twice for an hour each.
The day began with the Speaker disallowing the various adjournment motions moved by Opposition parties on issues like Telangana, drought, tribals problems and open cast mining.
Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) legislators immediately trooped into the Well of the House and started raising slogans demanding creation of Telangana state. The BJP MLAs and an Independent legislator, too, were on their feet on the same issue.
YSR Congress members came to the House in black robes protesting the Government policies. Their leader YS Vijaya came in a saree pinned with a black ribbon.
The Speaker, Legislative Affairs Minister D Sridhar Babu and Government Chief Whip Gandra Venkata Ramana Reddy appealed to the protesting members to let the House run as it was the last day of the monsoon session and certain Bills have to be passed.
But the Opposition members remained adamant, leading to the first adjournment.
Noisy scenes continued after the House resumed even as the Speaker announced the questions listed for the day were deemed to have been answered and answers to unstarred questions were placed on the table of the House.
With the TRS members remaining in the Well, Manohar adjourned the House for an hour again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state